Certified Welding Inspector
Manages: None. This is not a senior or management position.
Perform internal and external visual inspections per AWS-CWI standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Candidate will perform internal and external inspections to determine if a weldment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
• Conduct inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the mechanical integrity of the fixed equipment of the refinery.
• Candidate should be detail orientated and be capable of recommending and approving repairs as well as performing visual inspection of completed work.
• Candidate must be familiar with and certified in accordance with the AWS D1.1, at min, as an AWS-CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
• Candidate must be capable of climbing, working at high elevations and working in confined spaces.
• Identifies circumstances that necessitate the use of proper safety procedures and equipment.
• Properly uses and completes customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
• Communicates and deals with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company. This communication is in person at the plant / job site.
• Performs necessary filing of customer and company job related forms and paperwork.
• Communicates and deals with customers and other parties in such a manner as to benefit the professional reputation of the company. This communication is completed by telephone/email.
• Performs other related maintenance or shop duties as assigned by supervision.
• Must possess certification as an AWS-CWI.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with welding processes, welding procedures, welder qualifications, materials, and the limitations of weld testing.
• Proven ability to perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice.
• Proven ability to follow precise directions and procedures of the supervisor on the project.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations
If you are interested, reply with a resume or provide detail that explains required experience. This is an ASAP need and will need to be ready to start quickly.