More than a century ago, PSI tested the original cables for the Brooklyn Bridge; PSI recently tested the replacement cables. We know of no other testing and inspection firm in the country with that kind of history and continuity.
Large construction projects, like the Brooklyn Bridge, require precise planning, careful design, and rigorous execution. Rigid specifications, demanding schedules, and exacting budgets must be met. Accurate and reliable test results require proper quality control and are absolute necessities.
PSI can handle the construction services on any size and type of project — from commercial and industrial properties to government public works projects. PSI can provide services on a continuous or intermittent frequency. PSI’s mobile facilities bring the lab to the job site. PSI performs more types of materials testing than any other independent commercial laboratory and we can design specialized tests to meet the unique needs of your project.
Our services include:
- Foundation construction observations
- Soil compaction testing and inspection
- Concrete strength testing, concrete mix designs, and in-place strength evaluations
- Concrete batch plant inspection
- Post-tensioning and reinforcing steel inspection
- Asphalt batch plant and pavement construction inspection
- Complete laboratory testing of soil, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials
- Field inspection and quality control of masonry construction
- Mortar, block, brick, and fireproofing testing
- Steel fabrication, milling, and erection inspection
- Weld inspection and testing
- Nondestructive examination (NDE)
- Plant inspection for premanufactured products
- Curtain wall and waterproofing inspection and testing